Popular Nollywood pretty actress Genevieve Nnaji looks radiant as she rocks long braid hair. Peter okoye and other react. See more photos below;
Genvieve is a Nigerian Actress and singer. She is an award winning actress who has won the hearts of many lovers of Nigerian movies, both home and abroad. She was honoured as a Member of the Order of the Federal Republic by the Nigerian government for her contribution to Nollywood. Genevieve Nnaji style is many things and everyday, society changes the rules, and only the true fashion icons survive the new tide. In these days of bum augmentation, fat grafting and a long list of other surgeries, style for women has become an exposure contest.
Nnaji was born in Mbaise, Imo State, Nigeria but grew up in Lagos, the fourth of eight children and was brought up in a middle class environment. Her father worked as an engineer and her mother as a nursery school teacher. She attended Methodist Girls College (Yaba, Lagos), before transferring into the University of Lagos where she graduated with a bachelor’s degree in creative arts. While at the university, she began auditioning for acting jobs in Nollywood. Here are 15 interesting facts you probably did not know about Genevieve Nnaji.
- Genevieve Nnaji was born in Mbaise, in Imo State.
- She is the fourth of eight children.
- Genevieve was born on 3rd May,
- She attended Methodist Girls’ College (Yaba, Lagos), before getting admission into the university of Lagos.
- At 19 years, Genevieve was introduced into the growing Nigerian film industry with the movie “Most Wanted”.
- In 2001, Nnaji won the City People’s Award for Best Actress of the Year.
- Genevieve was referred to as the Julia Roberts of Africa by Oprah Winfrey.
- In 2004, Genevieve signed a recording contract with EKB Records, a Ghanaian record label.
- In 2004, Genevieve released her debut album “One Logologo Line”, a mix of R&B, Hip Hop, and Urban music.
- In 2004 also, Genevieve became the “Face of Lux” in Nigeria.
- in 2005, Genevieve was nominated for the ELOY Awards as the Brand Ambassador of the Year (Etisalat).
- In 2008, she launched her clothing line, St. Genevieve which gives its proceeds to charity.
- In 2011, Genevieve1 was honored as a member of the Order of the Federal Republic by the Nigerian government for her contribution to the Nigerian movie industry.
- Genevieve Nnaji is one of the highest paid actresses in Nigeria.
- Though not married at age 37, the mother of one says marriage is still on her mind.