A former Minister of Aviation, Mr. Femi Fani-Kayode, has again condemned the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari, who is seeking reelection in the forthcoming elections.
Entitled “Buhari Must Go” Fani-Kayode said Buhari doesn’t have the capacity to rule Nigeria for another four years “because of his fragile health”
Below are the 30 damaging statements about Buhari and “Why President Must Go” published on his Facebook Page.
1) Fellow Nigerians I wish to say a few words about what is going on in our country today. It is a tragedy of the highest proportion that we have a president who is not fit physically, spiritually, emotionally or morally to continue to lead this country.
2) We have a president who just the other day in Warri addressed his party’s governorship candidate as the presidential candidate. When he was reminded that this is not the presidential candidate but the governorship candidate, he addressed him as the party’s senatorial candidate.
3) We have a president who just the other day in Lokoja, as he was mounting the podium to address a rally of his supporters, slumped and would have fallen, had it not been for the fact that he aides held him up.
4) We have a president who just the other day in Kaduna, as he was sitting down before another crowd of his supporters, almost collapsed.
5) We have a president who was on television the other day in an interview and sitting next to him was his vice president and as the young lady that was interviewing him was speaking all he could do was drool, dribble, look blankly into the air and mumble things that had no relevance or bearing to the questions which he was asked.
As a matter of fact his vice president, who was literally there to hold his hands and guide him, was answering most of the questions on his behalf.
It was so bad that the interviewer had to say to the vice president, “why don’t you let him answer these questions himself?”
6) That is the type of leader we have in Nigeria today. We have a president who in all his ways has been divisive, has been vindictive, has been cruel, has been insensitive and has chosen to destroy the unity of our nation.
The unity that was borne out of a very brutal and bitter civil war, in which millions of people were killed. The unity that came at a heavy price. And the unity that many of us seek to preserve despite the challenges that we are facing.
7) We have a president that has utter contempt for all the other arms of government. We have a president that seeks to remove the Chief Justice of the Federation.
8) We have a President that seeks to remove the Senate President. We have a President that seeks to totally and completely demean and destroy the media.
9) We have a President that seeks to bring the Nigerian people to their knees simply because he wants to remain in power at all costs.
10) We have a President that has no sense of decency. We have a President that seeks to intimidate and destroy all those that stand against him.
11) We have a President that believes there is nothing wrong in ensuring that every single security chief in our country and the heads of all the seventeen security and intelligence agencies are all northern Muslims, except for the Navy.
12) This is in a multiracial, multicultural and multi-religious nation like Nigeria where we have almost 200 million people. And this President believes that it is important to keep power in the hands of his own people at the exclusion of others.
13) We have a President who believes that he is a Northern Fulani Muslim before being a Nigerian citizen. He puts his tribe and his faith before his nation.
14) We have a President who has no sense of unity and who believes that the Middle-belters and Southerners and Core-northern Muslims that do not view the world like him are nothing but slaves and scum.
15) We have a President who was once a great hero during the Chadian war and who led our troops in that war with great honor, glory and courage but who has now degenerated and become what he is today: a man that is addicted to power, a man that is scared of his own shadow, a man that seeks to destroy all that oppose him and a man that has no sense of honor or decency.
I urge every single Nigerian to consider the election that is coming up next month and to understand and appreciate the fact that we have no option but to vote this man out of power.
If we want Nigeria to survive as one nation, BUHARI HAS TO GO!
If we don’t want Nigeria to enter into a major conflict which will have monumental implications for the whole West African sub-region and indeed the world, BUHARI HAS TO GO!
If we want to ensure that our children and our children’s children have a future in this nation, BUHARI HAS TO GO!
16) We have a President whose own party leaders including the DG of his Presidential Campaign Organization describes him as being utterly unfit to do the job and has said he has brought nothing but poverty and shame to the Nigerian people.
17) We have a President whose own supporters are ashamed of his actions and who only support him because they feel that they have no option.
18) We have a President who has always been regarded as a friend by Boko Haram and a President that has turned a blind eye to the atrocities of the Fulani herdsmen over the last three years.
19) We have a President who is intolerant: who cannot comprehend or understand the importance of tolerating those that do not agree with him or respecting the opposition.
20) We have a President whose purpose is to jail and destroy every single person that has opposed him over the last three and half years.
21) We have a President who in all his ways is totally and completely incompetent and is totally and completely vindictive.
22) We have a President whose own wife has said that he is not ruling the country and has said that two faceless and unelected individuals, whose names she did not mention, are the ones that are controlling him and ruling our country.
23) These are two unelected officials: we don’t know who they are but his own wife has said that they are the ones ruling our country and that he is not doing so.
24) We have a President who describes women, including including his own wife, as being only fit for the other room.
25) We have a President who goes abroad and at every given opportunity insults the Nigerian people, calling us corrupt, inept, lazy and totally and completely incapable of being decent and good citizens.
That is the type of attitude and these are the type of things that our President says about us to foreign leaders and foreign audiences.
26) We have a President who has contempt for the Christian faith, contempt for the Church, contempt for the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN).
27) We have a President who regards Muslims that does not view things as he does as not being good Muslims.
28) We have a President who was once described by Boko Haram as a friend and who was appointed by them as their negotiator in proposed talk with Jonathan’s government.
29) We have a President who once said that he believes that sharia law should be spread into every state of the federation including the Christian states in the south.
30) We have a President who once said that an attack on Boko Haram was an attack against the north.
The Lord will remove Buhari. The Lord will pull him down. The Lord will shame him. The Lord will shame his supporters. The Lord will ensure that Nigeria finds peace and unity once again and that we as a people love one another once again as we once used to do.
We will come back together as one people, wether we are Southerners or Northerners, Muslims or Christians or even pagans or atheists.
We will come back together once again as a united and blessed nation and be that which God wants us to be. But the first thing we have to do is to get Buhari out, restructure the nation and forge a new direction for our people. God will lead us, God will guide us and God will protect us. God bless you all.
Buhari’s media team is yet to react to the latest statements by Fani-Kayode.
Are these statements true of President Buhari? Join the conversation.