The rapper has now officially confirmed the speculations surrounding his exit from the label that brought him mainstream success.Ycee first came to the limelight in 2015 with the success of the monster single, ‘Jagaban.’ He then followed this up with other hit anthems like ‘Omo Alhaji’ before the release of his debut body of work “The First Wave” E.P under the label’s imprint in 2017.
— ZAHEER! (@iam_YCEE) January 14, 2019
He subsequently teamed up with fellow label signing, Bella Alubo on their joint project, ”Late Night Vibrations” the following year. Soon after the project was released, Bella exited the label and has since released a new project, ”re-Bella” EP on her independent platform. Ycee’s announcement is coming in the wake of the upcoming release of his new single, expected on January 29th with a project, under the title, ”Ain’t Nobody Badder Than” (#ANBT) due sometime in the year.
The Jagaban Master, Ycee was born as Oludemilade Martin Alejo on 29 January 1993 in Festac Town in Lagos, Nigeria to an Igbo mother and Yoruba father. The Nigerian songwriter and rapper who is currently signed to Tinny Entertainment record label rose to the Nigerian entertainment scene with his smash hit “Condo” which featured Patoranking. There is no doubt that the 23-years-old versatile artist is among the promising artist in Africa and a name to look out for in the entertainment industry.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the Jagaban Master, Ycee:
1. Ycee was born as Oludemilade Martin Alejo on 29 January 1993 in Festac Town in Lagos, Nigeria to an Igbo mother and Yoruba father.
2. He completed his primary education at Dr. Soyemi Memorial Nursery and Primary School. He completed his secondary education at the Nigerian Navy Secondary School in Ojo.
3. His childhood dream was to become a professional footballer. He is currently studying towards a Degree in Marine Biology at the University of Lagos.
4. He commenced his career in music in 2012, as an underground rapper before signing a music contract with the record label, Tinny Entertainment.
5. In May 2015, he released the popular hit track “Condo” which featured Patoranking. The single was also nominated in the Best Collaboration of the Year and Best Music Video of the Year category at the 2015 Nigerian Entertainment Awards.
6. He released another hit single titled “Jagaban” which featured Olamide, the single received massive airplays and made him more popular among music critics.
7. His career hit the limelight after he was nominated for Revelation of the Year at the 2015 MTV Africa Music Awards and also as the Best Artist in African Pop at the 2015 All Africa Music Awards.
8. He has worked and shared the stage with prominent names like Olamide, Phyno, Patoranking and Clarence Peter to name a few.
9. In the year 2016, he won the Rookie of the Year award at the 2015 Headies Awards.
10. He mentioned in an interview that his biggest performance