These days, it’s not a new thing to hear about people finding love in strange places, especially on social media.
Recently, one of Nigeria’s most beloved musicians, Banky W, shared how he was able to propose to the lady in his life after meeting her via social media.
This, of course, sparked lovely reactions from people, friends and fans alike.
One of the people who reacted is Nigerian female author, Chidera Okolie, who took to her Instagram page to ‘announce’ her decision to accept suitors even if they choose to come via social media.
In her post, she listed what she’d like for the men who’d eventually ‘slide into her DM’ to avoid. See below:
“Attention!! Good morning ☺
The DM is now open for applications! However, the following should be noted.
1. Certain greetings like “Hi baby”, “Good morning my angel” “Hi love” has never been, and will never be responded to. For the singular reason we are not acquainted (not yet)
2. Please do not bother applying if your handle is, or similar to any of these @emekatoomuchmoney @Taiwobillionaire @Jiderunningthings @TheDonOfLagos @DonMoney @S3@.x:’yforthegirls @JoeS3@.x:’yAss @Mikesixpacks
3. Also, avoid me if the first picture I’ll see on your page is a shirtless six packs (I’ll drool but that’s it…nothing personal☺) or a stack of money or gold chains.
4. Go straight to the point…don’t use my publications as a reference point. “Hi, my name is Obinna Kunle Musa. Can I know you better?” “I would like to get your book and your number to stay in touch for updates” ( crook).
6. Do not abbreviate like a college kid. “Hi, my name z John. Pliz snd ur numba. I’ll lyk 2 stay in touch” is a no no!!!! “Hi, my name is John. Please send your number. I’ll like to stay in touch”
7. I speak my dialect fluently. Don’t be afraid to “famz” me in igbo language if you can☺
8. A humorous, artistic, sarcastic or witty individual will stand a greater chance.. (But if you are not….pleaseeeeeee…don’t try)
9. Please keep whatever your pastor said to you to yourself. God is yet to speak to me about you.
10. Finally, keep it simple…or you’ll lose me at “hello”.
TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!