Connect with us

news

9 killed as policemen, Shiites clash in Kano

shiites-during-the-protests

Nine people including a security official were killed yesterday when policemen and members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria (Shiites) clashed.

The police confirmed that an officer was killed while four others, including a Deputy Superintendent, were injured during the clash that began early yesterday along Kwanar Dawaki and Tamburawa village, in Dawaki Local Government Area.

Briefing the media in his office, the Police Commissioner, Alhaji Rabiu Yusuf, regretted that eight Shiites died while scores among them were injured.

He said several Shiites had been arrested by the police, adding that they would be charged to court after investigation.

He said “today, (November 14) at about 800 hours, thousands of Shiite members obstructed motorists and other road users  along  Kwanar Dawaki  and Tamburawa village in Dawaki LGA. They attacked innocent citizens, damaged public and personal property, thereby causing mayhem that could lead to general disturbance.”

Yusuf said his officers stepped in with a view to ensuring the peace and safety of the people, adding that the sect members attacked them.

He claimed that the Shiites were armed with bows and arrows, catapults with metal bolts, cutlasses and other dangerous weapons, adding  that they snatched an AK47 from an officer with which they also used in attacking the police.

Asked why his officers used live ammunition on the Shiites, he said: “At first, we used tear-gas on them, but they attacked one of our officers who  died before he could be taken to the hospital. And we have no option, but to use minimal force on them.”

The commissioner said normalcy had been restored, advising the people to go about their normal businesses without fear.

A witness who is a teacher (Malam) in the Movement, Sanusi Abdulkadir, explained that the members were trekking to Zaria as part of their annual visit, only for their religious trip to be obstructed by the police.

“It was about 8:00 am when suddenly they attacked us. They used teargas on us and later guns. They killed many of us- women and children inclusive,” he lamented.

He claimed that the sect had briefed the state police command of the trek, adding that the police had declined to give consent because they had directive from above not to allow the procession to take place.

Meanwhile, the Shiites have asked police to release the corpses, insisting that their deceased members must not be buried in a mass grave as was the fate of their counterparts in Kaduna.

A statement signed by Ibrahim Musa, the President, Media Forum of the Movement, said, “we call on the police authorities to hand over to us our dead. They must not be buried in a mass grave like was done to their counterparts in Kaduna.”

The statement, which also demanded the release of their leader, , Sheikh El Zakzaky and all their members that were illegally  being detained , appealed to Governor, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje to protect the lives of innocent citizens in the state.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

news

12-year-old boy kills landlady as condition to be initiated into a cult

Ethiope East Local

A 12-year-old boy, who allegedly robbed and killed his landlady at Abraka, Ethiope East Local Government Area, Delta State, yesterday, was among those paraded for various offences by the state Police Command, yesterday.

 

The state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Zanna Mohammed, who briefed reporters on the arrest of over 60 kidnappers, robbers, murderers, cultists and ritualists in the last three weeks, said the teenager confessed that he committed the act because a cult group told him that one of the conditions for initiation was that he must have been involved in a criminal act.

Continue Reading

Headlines

Super Falcons striker, Asisat Oshoala, comes to Falz defence with regards to statement about glorifying fraudsters

Asisat Oshoala

Nigerian professional footballer, Asisat Oshoala, who plays as a forward in the Chinese Women’s Super league for Dalian Quanjian F.C., took to her Instagram to express deep concern about how people are now proud to be fraudsters.

 

 

In Falz’ defense, she insisted fraudsters shouldn’t be glorified.

Continue Reading

Foreign

Zimbabwean Church leader in s*x scandal as photos naked photos and sex acts with 33 girls is exposed

Church leader
A Zimbabwean church leader, Nyasha Light Nyatsungo is enmeshed in a sex scandal and might also be facing legal action, after his ex-girlfriend flooded social media with his nude photo.
It was gathered that the Nyatsungo allegedly sent a nude picture of his Cape Town based ex–side chick, Shingi Mavenge, to his other girlfriend only identified as Beula who later broadcasted it on social media.
According to H-Metro, in an apparent fit of rage, Mavenge posted a WhatsApp chat she had with Nyatsungo’s wife identified as Nyasha Nhahumbi as well as a group chat with some of her former lover’s concubines.
According to Mavenge, she has gotten information that Nyatsungo has at least 33 girlfriends and has ditched his wife of eight years.
She adds that Nyatsungo bedded a girl who was their neighbour as well.
Mavenge said that the church leader’s wife revealed that they even consulted their local pastor in Mutare who failed in his attempts to mend Nyatsungo’s ways.
According to H-Metro, Nyatsungo, a married father of two, has denied ever circulating the picture, labelling Mavenge as a bitter woman whom he just flirted with on Facebook and nothing more.
“This Nyasha guy must be stopped in his tracks. He is going to pay for all the damage that he has done to me. He was the only one who had that leaked picture and I am shocked why he would forward it to some other girl,” fumed Mavhenge who is working on taking legal action.
 
“I started dating this guy in 2015 and never knew he was married. He lied.”  fumed Mavenge yesterday.
“That guy is full of lies and at some point, we opened a group chat with his wife and some of his girlfriends. He normally targets single mothers” added Mavenge.
H-Metro was furnished with six other cellphone numbers of his girlfriend that include Fadzai, Mutsa, Essy, Juliana, Barbra among others. Mutsa confirmed she once had a relationship with Nyatsungo have since terminated it since she discovered he was married.
Mavenge confirmed they met once in Johannesburg when she had to fly from Cape Town to meet her man sometime in April.
“That night he didn’t even have money. I had to pay the R800 for the accommodation as he had no money. He wanted to have sex with me but I flatly refused. He even wanted it without protection and I said No. he looked terrible with clothes in a plastic shopping bag. I want to write a letter to Pastor Rex who is the head of (the church) in Harare so that this guy be stopped with his tricks and lies,” added Mavenge.
When contacted over the phone in Mutare Nyatsungo confirmed he knew Mavenge but never had a relationship with her.
“I know her and we once flirted on Facebook. We never had a relationship as she is alleging. I don’t know why she is bitter. I haven’t seen the nude pictures she is talking about but I heard about it from Beula. We live in a democratic country. She can go ahead and sue me if she feels her rights have been infringed upon. All the allegations she is making are false and I don’t know her motive in trying to tarnish my image,” said Nyatsungo.
He said he was still with his wife whose phone rang without response yesterday afternoon. Despite his denials, H-metro was furnished with pictures of Nyatsungo and Mavenge, the time they met in April.

Continue Reading

Trending