Connect with us

news

Sheriff’s PDP faction hails court on Ibrahim

ali-modu-sheriff-300x227

The Senator Alli Modu Sheriff’s faction of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ondo State has hailed the ruling of an Abuja Federal High Court that ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to recognize Mr Jimoh Ibrahim as the candidate of the party in the state.
The faction in a statement issued by its Director of Media and Publicity, Mr Yemi Akintomide described the judgment as “victory for democracy, the triumph of truth over falsehood, Godliness over godfatherism and a sweet beginning of a new dawn for the state.”
A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja had on Friday ruled that Ibrahim who was presented as the PDP gubernatorial candidate from the Sheriff faction should contest the November election.
The party hailed the Judiciary for being the last hope of the common man, saying the judgment has enhanced democracy in the country.
According to the statement, “the judgment has further enhanced the course of democracy and rekindles our hope for better Nigeria through the instrumentality of law by correcting the wrong done by INEC, where Mr. Eyitayo Jegede was erroneously listed as the PDP candidate in place of the rightful person, Mr Jimoh Ibrahim.”
Part of the statement read: “As we have always been saying that as a political party and law abiding individuals, we believe in the court of law and the goodwill of the people of Ondo State not to resort to violence or any act capable of undermining our integrity as citizens of Nigeria; but to always act in the best interest of our people, our state, Ondo and dear country Nigeria.”
The court according to the statement ruled that “INEC shall accept for the conduct of Ondo state governorship election only the nomination of Jimoh Ibrahim for Ondo PDP.”
The presiding Judge of Federal High Court, Abuja, Justice Okon Abang ruled that the candidature of Jimoh Ibrahim for PDP in the November 2016 Ondo State governorship election is the authentic one.


…No, Abuja ruling has nothing to do with Jegede -PDP

The People’s Democratic Party(PDP) in Ondo State has declared that the Abuja High Court ruling last Friday, which  fuelled rumour  of a change in the PDP candidate in the state’s November 26 election has nothing to do with Eyitayo Jegede (SAN), the  party’s candidate in the coming election.
It said that the case which produced the ruling recorded “some drama of the absurd” .
Speaking in Akure on Sunday, the state’s Publicity Secretary  of the  PDP, Mr Banji Okunomo , while narrating  the  absurdity in the suit, said  a counsel, Mr. Olagoke Fakunle (SAN) who took the summon for the plaintiffs also later appeared for the defendants, meaning that he had sued himself.
He said this absurdity also played out in the second process of the suit, when two lawyers from the same law firm, TRPLaw, came out with one appearing for the plaintiffs and the other for the defendants.
The INEC and the leadership of the PDP are defendants in the suit.
Deflating  speculation that Lagos businessman, Jimoh Ibrahim, had been given the party’s ticket, courtesy of the  Friday’s court ruling in Abuja, Okunomo said the rumour was fuelled by lack of necessary legal interpretation of the ruling that was granted by Justice O.E Abang of the Federal High Court, Abuja.
Explaining that neither Jegede nor Ibrahim, was party to the suit that has so far yielded two rulings from the same court, the Publicity Secretary said nine claimants in the suit filed on June 7, 2016 were seeking some reliefs, which in a nutshell sought to determine the tenure and membership of the state executive committee of the PDP in the South-West Zone and in addition, directions in respect of the party primaries for the 2019 general elections.
He said the claimants also sought, inter-alia, a declaration that they were the people entitled to deal with nomination of candidates for the 2019 general elections.
“It should be noted that the Ondo State governorship election scheduled for 26th November was not part of the plaintiffs’ claim and no reference was made to it in the claim,” he clarified.

eyitayo-jegede


Election will be tough but I will win- Akeredolu

Governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ondo State, Mr Rotimi Akeredolu (SAN) has said that the November 27 election in the state would be a tough one but that he shall be victorious at the end.Akeredolu, a former President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) stated that he was prepared for the election and he would not be intimidated by any individual or group of people.
Speaking with newsmen in Akure yesterday, Akeredolu said he had already commenced campaigns, adding that the response he received from all the 18 local government areas was favourable.
He said he was in the race to show people what good governance is all about, saying that his government will be masses-friendly.
According to Akeredolu who is also a former Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in the state, former aspirants for the APC ticket, who sincerely loved the party and are committed to the project, had joined him on the mission to rescue the state.
“The welfare of workers will be our top priority. We will ensure that we pay all the salaries and arrears of workers. We won’t owe salary.

Akeredolu1

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

news

12-year-old boy kills landlady as condition to be initiated into a cult

Ethiope East Local

A 12-year-old boy, who allegedly robbed and killed his landlady at Abraka, Ethiope East Local Government Area, Delta State, yesterday, was among those paraded for various offences by the state Police Command, yesterday.

 

The state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Zanna Mohammed, who briefed reporters on the arrest of over 60 kidnappers, robbers, murderers, cultists and ritualists in the last three weeks, said the teenager confessed that he committed the act because a cult group told him that one of the conditions for initiation was that he must have been involved in a criminal act.

Continue Reading

Headlines

Super Falcons striker, Asisat Oshoala, comes to Falz defence with regards to statement about glorifying fraudsters

Asisat Oshoala

Nigerian professional footballer, Asisat Oshoala, who plays as a forward in the Chinese Women’s Super league for Dalian Quanjian F.C., took to her Instagram to express deep concern about how people are now proud to be fraudsters.

 

 

In Falz’ defense, she insisted fraudsters shouldn’t be glorified.

Continue Reading

Foreign

Zimbabwean Church leader in s*x scandal as photos naked photos and sex acts with 33 girls is exposed

Church leader
A Zimbabwean church leader, Nyasha Light Nyatsungo is enmeshed in a sex scandal and might also be facing legal action, after his ex-girlfriend flooded social media with his nude photo.
It was gathered that the Nyatsungo allegedly sent a nude picture of his Cape Town based ex–side chick, Shingi Mavenge, to his other girlfriend only identified as Beula who later broadcasted it on social media.
According to H-Metro, in an apparent fit of rage, Mavenge posted a WhatsApp chat she had with Nyatsungo’s wife identified as Nyasha Nhahumbi as well as a group chat with some of her former lover’s concubines.
According to Mavenge, she has gotten information that Nyatsungo has at least 33 girlfriends and has ditched his wife of eight years.
She adds that Nyatsungo bedded a girl who was their neighbour as well.
Mavenge said that the church leader’s wife revealed that they even consulted their local pastor in Mutare who failed in his attempts to mend Nyatsungo’s ways.
According to H-Metro, Nyatsungo, a married father of two, has denied ever circulating the picture, labelling Mavenge as a bitter woman whom he just flirted with on Facebook and nothing more.
“This Nyasha guy must be stopped in his tracks. He is going to pay for all the damage that he has done to me. He was the only one who had that leaked picture and I am shocked why he would forward it to some other girl,” fumed Mavhenge who is working on taking legal action.
 
“I started dating this guy in 2015 and never knew he was married. He lied.”  fumed Mavenge yesterday.
“That guy is full of lies and at some point, we opened a group chat with his wife and some of his girlfriends. He normally targets single mothers” added Mavenge.
H-Metro was furnished with six other cellphone numbers of his girlfriend that include Fadzai, Mutsa, Essy, Juliana, Barbra among others. Mutsa confirmed she once had a relationship with Nyatsungo have since terminated it since she discovered he was married.
Mavenge confirmed they met once in Johannesburg when she had to fly from Cape Town to meet her man sometime in April.
“That night he didn’t even have money. I had to pay the R800 for the accommodation as he had no money. He wanted to have sex with me but I flatly refused. He even wanted it without protection and I said No. he looked terrible with clothes in a plastic shopping bag. I want to write a letter to Pastor Rex who is the head of (the church) in Harare so that this guy be stopped with his tricks and lies,” added Mavenge.
When contacted over the phone in Mutare Nyatsungo confirmed he knew Mavenge but never had a relationship with her.
“I know her and we once flirted on Facebook. We never had a relationship as she is alleging. I don’t know why she is bitter. I haven’t seen the nude pictures she is talking about but I heard about it from Beula. We live in a democratic country. She can go ahead and sue me if she feels her rights have been infringed upon. All the allegations she is making are false and I don’t know her motive in trying to tarnish my image,” said Nyatsungo.
He said he was still with his wife whose phone rang without response yesterday afternoon. Despite his denials, H-metro was furnished with pictures of Nyatsungo and Mavenge, the time they met in April.

Continue Reading

Trending