Connect with us

news

Edo elections: Bloodshed at protest

vllkyt3vr0756v08t-8609fcb5-300x197

At least one person was seriously wounded on Thursday when anti-riot policemen fired teargas to disperse supporters of the PDP who were protesting against the result for Oredo council area in Wednesday’s governorship election in Edo State.

The victim fell and hit his head on the tarred Aduwawa Road when the teargas was fired by the heavily armed security operatives that manned the entrance of the headquarters of INEC office in Benin City.

Security had patiently appealed to the protesters to conduct themselves orderly and leave the premises of INEC for over an hour before they fired the teargas canisters.

The protesters had gathered, alleging that the results were overturned by the electoral umpire in favour of the ruling APC, threatening fire and brimstone if the right thing is not done.

Bearing placards with various inscriptions, the protesters made up of mostly women and youths in their numbers called the state governor, Adams Oshiomhole and his APC unprintable names.

Inscriptions on some of the placards were “INEC took bribe from APC, PDP won the 2016 election,’ INEC give us our actual results,’ ‘INEC give PDP their true result’, amongst others.

According to some of them, the PDP won the election in all the eighteen council areas of the state, adding that the state governor Adams Oshiomhole allegedly stormed INEC at the wee hours of Thursday to induce the electoral body to upturn the figures.

One of the protesters Mrs. Lindsay Tes Sorae said the people will not accept the release being released by the electoral umpire, alleging that the governor gave orders to INEC to change the results.

Also, Princess Eba told journalists that they were already in high spirit earlier this morning, noting that there hopes were being dashed as the results were being announced from the various council areas.

“If APC win, they should win squarely, we will have no problem with that. But let them announce the right result of which PDP won in almost all the council areas.

“As at yesterday evening we were already jubilation get because PDP was leading but what we are hearing now is different from the votes that were generated from the polling units.”

Mike Enahoro warned that if INEC did not give Edo people their mandate “we will be forced to go into militancy.”

For his part, Osaro Agbonhiamen insisted that the votes of the people should be allowed to count as they came out en-mass on Wednesday to exercise their franchise.

Mrs. Ehis Julie Atiti said she saw what happened at George Idah Primary School, alleging that some thugs snatched a ballot box at one of the polling unit while INEC staff was beaten to pulp.

Atiti said that “it took the intervention of soldiers to recover the box and the collation centre was transferred from the primary school to Oba Akenzua Cultural Centre. I wonder were all these policemen where when such criminality happened.”

Imade Chukwuma said that the result from Oredo as announced does not tally with the results from all the party agents, adding that “all the agents should be told to come with their collation sheets and recounted to determine the actual valid votes.”

(Source: CHANNELS)

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

news

12-year-old boy kills landlady as condition to be initiated into a cult

Ethiope East Local

A 12-year-old boy, who allegedly robbed and killed his landlady at Abraka, Ethiope East Local Government Area, Delta State, yesterday, was among those paraded for various offences by the state Police Command, yesterday.

 

The state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Zanna Mohammed, who briefed reporters on the arrest of over 60 kidnappers, robbers, murderers, cultists and ritualists in the last three weeks, said the teenager confessed that he committed the act because a cult group told him that one of the conditions for initiation was that he must have been involved in a criminal act.

Continue Reading

Headlines

Super Falcons striker, Asisat Oshoala, comes to Falz defence with regards to statement about glorifying fraudsters

Asisat Oshoala

Nigerian professional footballer, Asisat Oshoala, who plays as a forward in the Chinese Women’s Super league for Dalian Quanjian F.C., took to her Instagram to express deep concern about how people are now proud to be fraudsters.

 

 

In Falz’ defense, she insisted fraudsters shouldn’t be glorified.

Continue Reading

Foreign

Zimbabwean Church leader in s*x scandal as photos naked photos and sex acts with 33 girls is exposed

Church leader
A Zimbabwean church leader, Nyasha Light Nyatsungo is enmeshed in a sex scandal and might also be facing legal action, after his ex-girlfriend flooded social media with his nude photo.
It was gathered that the Nyatsungo allegedly sent a nude picture of his Cape Town based ex–side chick, Shingi Mavenge, to his other girlfriend only identified as Beula who later broadcasted it on social media.
According to H-Metro, in an apparent fit of rage, Mavenge posted a WhatsApp chat she had with Nyatsungo’s wife identified as Nyasha Nhahumbi as well as a group chat with some of her former lover’s concubines.
According to Mavenge, she has gotten information that Nyatsungo has at least 33 girlfriends and has ditched his wife of eight years.
She adds that Nyatsungo bedded a girl who was their neighbour as well.
Mavenge said that the church leader’s wife revealed that they even consulted their local pastor in Mutare who failed in his attempts to mend Nyatsungo’s ways.
According to H-Metro, Nyatsungo, a married father of two, has denied ever circulating the picture, labelling Mavenge as a bitter woman whom he just flirted with on Facebook and nothing more.
“This Nyasha guy must be stopped in his tracks. He is going to pay for all the damage that he has done to me. He was the only one who had that leaked picture and I am shocked why he would forward it to some other girl,” fumed Mavhenge who is working on taking legal action.
 
“I started dating this guy in 2015 and never knew he was married. He lied.”  fumed Mavenge yesterday.
“That guy is full of lies and at some point, we opened a group chat with his wife and some of his girlfriends. He normally targets single mothers” added Mavenge.
H-Metro was furnished with six other cellphone numbers of his girlfriend that include Fadzai, Mutsa, Essy, Juliana, Barbra among others. Mutsa confirmed she once had a relationship with Nyatsungo have since terminated it since she discovered he was married.
Mavenge confirmed they met once in Johannesburg when she had to fly from Cape Town to meet her man sometime in April.
“That night he didn’t even have money. I had to pay the R800 for the accommodation as he had no money. He wanted to have sex with me but I flatly refused. He even wanted it without protection and I said No. he looked terrible with clothes in a plastic shopping bag. I want to write a letter to Pastor Rex who is the head of (the church) in Harare so that this guy be stopped with his tricks and lies,” added Mavenge.
When contacted over the phone in Mutare Nyatsungo confirmed he knew Mavenge but never had a relationship with her.
“I know her and we once flirted on Facebook. We never had a relationship as she is alleging. I don’t know why she is bitter. I haven’t seen the nude pictures she is talking about but I heard about it from Beula. We live in a democratic country. She can go ahead and sue me if she feels her rights have been infringed upon. All the allegations she is making are false and I don’t know her motive in trying to tarnish my image,” said Nyatsungo.
He said he was still with his wife whose phone rang without response yesterday afternoon. Despite his denials, H-metro was furnished with pictures of Nyatsungo and Mavenge, the time they met in April.

Continue Reading

Trending